Candidate for a Challenge?

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Candidate for a Challenge?

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Where have all the spoons gone?
Team of Australian researchers estimate 18 million spoons go missing each year in Melbourne

http://www.torontosun.com/Lifestyle/Lif ... 19666.html

My take on this:

Consider -- if there IS a spoon homeworld, it is gaining thousands of TONS of assorted spoon metal every year, while Earth loses an equivalent amount. If this went on long enough, it would eventually change the mass and composition of the Earth (and Spoonworld) enough to cause orbital changes... unless, of course, equivalent mass was being transferred TO Earth at the same time. What might that be? Personally, I suspect that it may come in the form of fliers for health clubs and beauticians/manicurists/psychics -- or possibly complete, lifelike door-to-door solicitors for Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, and chocolate bar sales to raise funds for school trips. What do YOU think?

Nate -- whaddaya think? Could you make a challenge out of this idea?

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Candidate for a Challenge?

Post by kailhofer »

Well, interesting nonetheless.

Sometimes those things just get under your skin & you have to stop doing more productive things at work until you understand it. As a challenge goes, this one may be a little too Douglas Adams, but I'll think about it. Comedy is a lot more challenging than most people think.

However, next time out will be fantasy. I've been neglecting that genre.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “Fun and Games”