October Flash Challenge: The Premise:

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: October Flash Challenge: The Premise:

Post by kailhofer »

Well, that's flattering to me and thank you for that, but somewhat less so to my compatriots.

I've found them to be a bunch of swell eggs, to use an old phrase. No one is perfect, of course, but their hearts have always been in the right place.

Your mileage may vary.

I should like to see this legacy sometime.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Jim Statton wrote:Why can't you get that guy back who had so many entries coming into the challenges. He wrote me several times about entering and helped me with my writing although I wasn't participating on the site during that time.

He seemed enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
Why? Because it took most of a month to get rid of him, after his threats of flailing ban-hammer, his unwarranted removal of posts--including one by Dan Hollifield himself--and finally, his act of completely removing the entire flash contest from the 'zine so he could run it in private from his home.

"That guy" was a painful life-lesson in the importance of vetting someone before you hand them the keys to anything.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

Eddie Sullivan always did a good job. Activity at Aphelion ebbs and flows with new arrivals, and some turning pro and they are very busy with their writings now. Many just more on for no reason and come back for no reason. Aphelion is a great website and many other webzines have said so!! Aphelion has remained active when many, many other sites have folded over the years, sites that began after Aphelion came on line and many patterned after Aphelion. Apheilion isn't a site you want to beat, it's a site you want to Join!!
Tesla Lives!!!
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

This thread was fun to read this morning. Since my mind is totally (censored) I kept getting images of Rocky and Bullwinkle and that little guy that snickered dressed in black with the lady smoking on that long cigarette.

Then there were railroad tracks and someone tied to the tracks.

Then there was a UFO that hovered and asked for some grey poupon, and Rocky said, "Gee, all I have is a Garmin GPS."

Then, zombie came and ate the pretty woman tied on the tracks, but only after she changed into a twinkie that talked...

Man. Such inspiration! Now, I''ve got enough inside to get me through a 5.5 yard concrete pour this morning.

Long live the dragon fly! (by the way, in my opinion, grey poupon is highly overated. Standard yellow mustard is muuuuuch better) ((unless you let it sit too long and a lot of water forms)))

Return to “Fun and Games”