A Story From Nothing

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Lipinski
Master Critic

A Story From Nothing

Post by Lipinski »

Fun and Games

Interesting part of the Aphelion forum.

I suppose the following challenge has been done before and if it has not, then maybe it could be fun.

The challenge is this. To write a story, (very short with only one hundred words).

The challenge though, is the story is written by everyone that wants to participate. I will start the story with one word and then if someone else wants to, they add the second word, and then someone else the third (and so on)

Probably not much interest but lets see. Oh, and unless a million people want to participate, in this first attempt of a story you can only participate five times (five words total) out of one hundred, and, your words have to be spaced by allowing at least five others to first use a word. Example: Cats from Molick eat humans for sport

If you want to wait for twenty words, or twenty three, or whatever, that's your choice as 'first posted,' wins the right to placement.

For me, there are no other rules or boundaries as that bores me BUT since there is a chance youngsters or editors feel it should be rated PG, that's up to the individual writer. The story could end up being comedy, horror, fantasy, or a recipe for fried raccoon...

Anyway, it intrigues me to see what happens.

So, here is the first word of the story: Mortified
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: A Story From Nothing

Post by Lester Curtis »

Lipinski wrote:Fun and Games

Interesting part of the Aphelion forum.

I suppose the following challenge has been done before and if it has not, then maybe it could be fun.

The challenge is this. To write a story, (very short with only one hundred words).

The challenge though, is the story is written by everyone that wants to participate. I will start the story with one word and then if someone else wants to, they add the second word, and then someone else the third (and so on)

Probably not much interest but lets see. Oh, and unless a million people want to participate, in this first attempt of a story you can only participate five times (five words total) out of one hundred, and, your words have to be spaced by allowing at least five others to first use a word. Example: Cats from Molick eat humans for sport

If you want to wait for twenty words, or twenty three, or whatever, that's your choice as 'first posted,' wins the right to placement.

For me, there are no other rules or boundaries as that bores me BUT since there is a chance youngsters or editors feel it should be rated PG, that's up to the individual writer. The story could end up being comedy, horror, fantasy, or a recipe for fried raccoon...

Anyway, it intrigues me to see what happens.

So, here is the first word of the story: Mortified
by
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lipinski
Master Critic

Re: A Story From Nothing

Post by Lipinski »

Thanks Lester.

So now the first two words of a story, and so it starts:

"Mortified by ______ ________ ________

Return to “Fun and Games”